Tuesday, March 15 — Monday, March 21
Hi everyone! It's already week 3 of March, so it's time for the next list of prompts!
- Tuesday, March 15: The midpoint is usually the largest twist of the story, and your characters’ goals or mission is often redirected. It’s often the point where there’s no looking back. What is your midpoint like? How has your main character changed leading up to this point? How has their outlook/mindset shifted from your inciting incident?
- Wednesday, March 16: What themes and tropes do you explore in your WIP? Why did you choose them, and how are they integrated throughout the story? Do you utilize any symbolism?
- Thursday, March 17: How do different cultures within your world interact? Is the nature of those interactions hostile, friendly, or something in between? How frequent are those interactions? Are they diplomatic talks with neighboring nations, exchanges between the common citizens, or something else? What are the main differences between cultures in your world? How do these interactions affect your main character?
- Friday, March 18: Does your story have a romance? If so, describe the love interest. What do they look like? What is their personality like? What are their strengths and weaknesses? What are the things that are most important to them? If your story doesn’t have a romance, describe your main character’s view on romance. Do they like it, do they dislike it, do they think it’s a waste of time, are they a hopeless romantic, etc.?
- Saturday, March 19: What side plots do you have? How are they developed? How do they relate to your main plot and other side plots? Do your characters ever get a break to relax or have fun? If so, what do they do?
- Sunday, March 20: What secrets are your characters keeping? Are these revealed by the end of the story? What consequences, if any, do those secrets have? What effect do they have on the plot?
- Monday, March 21: Is there any conflict/tension between your main character and their friends/allies throughout the course of the story? When does this conflict occur? Why does it occur? What does it look like? What is the outcome? How does their dynamic shift as a result of this conflict?